Manager’s Memo – Rotator
WGTS General Manager Kevin Krueger shares a word of thanks for your faithfulness
Angel Tree Project – Rotator
Video – Story Project – Luis
Christmas JOY HD2 – Rotator
Interested in a career in radio? WGTS 91.9 is a listener supported Christian Radio station located in Takoma Park, MD.
We currently have openings for three positions available
Please send your résumé with qualifications and experience to the above link.
WGTS 91.9 is an equal opportunity employer.
Another great way to get started in radio is through our Internship Program.
Job Opening – Major Gift Officer
Responsible for: identifying, developing and strengthening relationships between major donors and WGTS 91.9; developing and implementing communication strategies; inviting potential donors to fund special projects and operations; procuring non-profit/church organization business underwriting grants; sharing the story of WGTS 91.9 with religious and civic organizations and people of influence in Washington, D.C. bringing them into a friendship relationship with the media ministry.
- Raise operating revenue for the organization, including new and established campaigns focused on major givers.
- Facilitate the development of relationships with donors through personal meetings, special events, presentations, regular communications, or arranging for meetings with management and/or other team members.
- Identify, qualify, prioritize, cultivate and secure major donations and grants from individuals, businesses (business underwriting grants), corporations, foundations, and organizations for special projects, large and small, and also for the general operation of the organization.
- Lead the production of special letters, gift acknowledgments, and other communications with major gift donors including personal thank you notes and phone calls.
- Travel within the listening area to build relationships, solicit major gifts, and share the story of the media ministry.
- Initiate contact with potential influencers and major gift donors.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them.
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
- Make thoughtful solicitations when appropriate.
- Maintain contact with donors following up to share how their gift has made a difference in people’s lives.
- Design programs to engage the staff, executive team and board of directors in cultivating and soliciting major gifts and in thanking current donors.
- Provide an annual comprehensive analysis of major gift donor program. Create monthly and annual reports for specific campaigns.
- Work with churches, businesses and event promoters developing agreements for on-air business underwriting announcements.
- Follow up on inquiries from potential clients and solicit them within a narrow range of possibilities.
- Work with the programming department and digital content team as needed to write and arrange for proper acknowledgement of gifts such as on-air business underwriting announcements.
- Must know or learn FCC rules and regulations for noncommercial radio station business underwriting announcements.
- Must understand and know donor database best practices and methods; basic construction, operation and setup so that they can converse easily with donations team and with management.
- Rigorously evaluate all efforts and progress toward goals.
- Assisted by contract grant writer, research and write foundation/grant funding proposals.
- With the VP/GM, create an annual fundraising calendar of activities.
- Research and develop non-dollar-related metrics for measuring growth and effectiveness of our fundraising efforts; track the number of new donor contacts made, solicitation presentations, stewardship of existing donors, number of Easy Pay donors, duration of Easy Pay donors.
- Design and implement strategies for growing our contact list.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in related field.
- Five or more years of professional experience in major or planned giving fundraising.
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the six-figure range.
- Fully supports and understands best practices related to major gift development.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the media ministry.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- CFRE certification preferred.
- Superior command of English grammar and spelling.
- Advanced verbal and written communication abilities.
- Exceptional presentation skills and public speech ability.
- Unusually high ability to engage and interact with people one-on-one – interpersonally.
Mathematical and Technology Skills:
- Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience implementing and managing donor tracking systems, software and databases.
- Ability to learn new software packages.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualities:
- Presents themselves in a mature, trustworthy fashion, be an excellent one-on-one communicator, and personally believes deeply in the media ministry, its methods and its mission.
- Understands, studies and fully supports a biblical philosophy of fundraising and is willing to support and share from the heart the ministry’s mission and purpose in the Nation’s Capital.
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards; demonstrates compassion and caring for listeners and donors
- Exhibits superior leadership skills and ability to work effectively and constructively with a wide variety of people from many backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with board members, staff, volunteers, the general public, and donors.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Possesses innate capacity for planning and organizing.
- Must be able to remain calm and in control during stressful situations.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised
- Proven ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- The ability to work on a team and independently.
- An impeccable attention to detail and reliability.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Must qualify and be able to drive company vehicles and maintain a clean driving record.
Benefits package includes:
- Health care, including vision, dental and prescription drug
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Competitive 403B plan Retirement Plan
- Tuition assistance for employees, spouse and dependents
- Life insurance including supplemental and accidental death and dismemberment policies
- Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care Insurance
- AFLAC insurance
- Legal Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness programs
- Professional development
WGTS/CUCB Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunities, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, age, race, color, or national origin. WGTS/CUCB Inc. reserves constitutional and statutory rights as a religious employer to give preference in employment to members of the Seventh-day Adventist church, and claims specific exemption from provisions as set forth in 47 CFR 73.2080, insofar as they conflict with the Seventh-day Adventist teaching and practices.
WGTS 91.9 is a listener-supported Federal Communication Commission licensed noncommercial radio station that is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; it is a self-supporting media ministry under common control of the Washington Adventist University Board of Trustees.
Your year-end gifts make an amazing difference. Learn how.
Mornings with Jerry & Blanca
Jerry & Blanca offer a positive way to start off your day each Monday-Friday from 5a-10a. Find your favorite features, interviews, and more here!
Honoring Our Vets
Jerry and Blanca had a unique opportunity to meet some of our country’s finest and bravest this morning and hear their stories as they broadcasted live from the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Washington, DC.
If you missed hearing any part of it, we were able to capture their stories on video for you to check out below. Please share, and let a veteran know today what they mean to you.