Find Fall Festivals
Discover fun activities for the family this month!
Make a Drive-Thru Difference
You can help spread a little love around the DC area with a simple act of kindness. Learn how!
Woodlawn Movie Premiere Contest Rules
To enter this Contest, you must agree to and abide by these Contest Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. You must have an active e-mail account to participate.
- WGTS 91.9: WGTS 91.9, 7600 Flower Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912.
- Eligibility: The “Touchdown or No Touchdown” contest is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older
- Contest Period: The contest period runs Monday thru Friday, October 12-16 2015 at 7:40am EST (“Promotion Period”).
- Contest Rules: Monday to Friday, October 12-16 contest entrants shall call the WGTS 91.9 studio line at 800-700-1094 at 7:40 am during the morning show to play the game “You Make the Call”. Jerry & Blanca will air a clip of a football game which will suddenly stop, allowing entrants to decide whether a touchdown was scored or not. Each winner will receive two (2) movie passes for the movie Woodlawn. The grand prize shall take place on Friday, October 16th at 7:40am EST. The entrant that correctly answers the question shall have the choice to receive four (4) movie passes to the movie Woodlawn and two (2) tickets to a Washington Redskins or Baltimore Ravens football game or two (2) personalized jerseys of the winner’s favorite team.
Personal information collected in connection with this contest may be used in accordance with WGTS 91.9’s Office Contest Rules, available at http://wgts.org/contestrules/.
- Winner Notification: Contest entry winners who call in will be notified via phone at the time they call. If WGTS 91.9 notifies a potential winner via e-mail, failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within three (3) business days after transmission to the potential winner or return of the e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. If WGTS 91.9 notifies a potential winner via telephone, failure to respond within three (3) business days will result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with WGTS 91.9’s Official rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, the prize may be forfeited and the potential prize winner may be disqualified. If the potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the contest begin and end dates.
- WGTS 91.9 is not responsible for failed, partial or garbled telephone transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond WGTS 91.9’s control that corrupt or affect the radio station, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, WGTS 91.9 reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the contest. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this contest.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”):
(a) 20 Woodlawn movie passes: $240.00 (includes tax) plus shipping
(b) Two NFL or College football game tickets: $300
(c) 2 personalized NFL or college football jerseys: $300
Total Prize value: $540
- Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of WGTS 91.9, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless WGTS 91.9, Provident Label Group, or the National Football League from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity. By accepting a prize, each winner grants WGTS 91.9 and its designees permission to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner’s list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. WGTS 91.9 and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at WGTS 91.9′s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Contest is subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All submissions become the property of WGTS 91.9 and will not be acknowledged.
WGTS 91.9 MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PRECEDING EXCLUDES ANY EXPRESS OR LEGALLY REQUIRED WARRANTIES ON WGTS 91.9’S PRODUCTS; FORCE MAJEURE: THE FAILURE OF WGTS 91.9 TO COMPLY WITH ANY PROVISION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES DUE TO AN ACT OF GOD, HURRICANE, WAR, FIRE, RIOT, EARTHQUAKE, TERRORISM, ACT OF PUBLIC ENEMIES, ACTIONS OF GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES OUTSIDE OF THE CONTROL OF EITHER WGTS 91.9 (EXCEPTING COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE CODES AND REGULATIONS) OR OTHER FORCE MAJEURE EVENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED A BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Disputes/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) each entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and each entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of Maryland or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in Montgomery County Maryland. All entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any defense of inconvenient forum.
Seven Days Without
Most pastors can preach a good message. And one local pastor is actively living out what he’s preaching, even living on the street, to get his message across.
Becky talks to Pastor Tim Madding of Beltsville Seventh-day Adventist Church about a 7-part series he’s sharing called “Seven Days Without” that aims to reveal the Christian’s heart in the life of Jesus, and to draw attention to specific needs in our community and around the world.
Just recently, Pastor Tim spent an entire week homeless, and then another week without shoes. As a result, hundreds of shoes have been donated by his congregation to those in need around the world.
Learn more about how you can personally get involved in making a difference here: sevendayswithout.com.
Listen back to Becky’s interview with Pastor Tim
Choose the songs that matter the most to you!
TobyMac does the Drive-thru Difference
Say the Pledge
Have your kids, or classroom say the Pledge of Allegiance each morning with Jerry & Blanca!
Encouragement that Sticks!
Need a bumper sticker? Fill out this form and we’ll send one your way!
Bambi and Thumper?
This adorable video was posted by the YMCA of the Rockies, who discovered this adorable baby deer and bunny playing in a campground. It proves Bambi and Thumper are real!
Hope this puts a smile on your face today…
Dave Frey Calls Blanca!
Lead singer of Sidewalk Prophets checks in.