Woodlawn Movie Premiere Contest Rules
To enter this Contest, you must agree to and abide by these Contest Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. You must have an active e-mail account to participate.
- WGTS 91.9: WGTS 91.9, 7600 Flower Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912.
- Eligibility: The “Touchdown or No Touchdown” contest is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older
- Contest Period: The contest period runs Monday thru Friday, October 12-16 2015 at 7:40am EST (“Promotion Period”).
- Contest Rules: Monday to Friday, October 12-16 contest entrants shall call the WGTS 91.9 studio line at 800-700-1094 at 7:40 am during the morning show to play the game “You Make the Call”. Jerry & Blanca will air a clip of a football game which will suddenly stop, allowing entrants to decide whether a touchdown was scored or not. Each winner will receive two (2) movie passes for the movie Woodlawn. The grand prize shall take place on Friday, October 16th at 7:40am EST. The entrant that correctly answers the question shall have the choice to receive four (4) movie passes to the movie Woodlawn and two (2) tickets to a Washington Redskins or Baltimore Ravens football game or two (2) personalized jerseys of the winner’s favorite team.
Personal information collected in connection with this contest may be used in accordance with WGTS 91.9’s Office Contest Rules, available at http://wgts.org/contestrules/.
- Winner Notification: Contest entry winners who call in will be notified via phone at the time they call. If WGTS 91.9 notifies a potential winner via e-mail, failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within three (3) business days after transmission to the potential winner or return of the e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. If WGTS 91.9 notifies a potential winner via telephone, failure to respond within three (3) business days will result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with WGTS 91.9’s Official rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, the prize may be forfeited and the potential prize winner may be disqualified. If the potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the contest begin and end dates.
- WGTS 91.9 is not responsible for failed, partial or garbled telephone transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond WGTS 91.9’s control that corrupt or affect the radio station, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, WGTS 91.9 reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the contest. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this contest.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”):
(a) 20 Woodlawn movie passes: $240.00 (includes tax) plus shipping
(b) Two NFL or College football game tickets: $300
(c) 2 personalized NFL or college football jerseys: $300
Total Prize value: $540
- Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of WGTS 91.9, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless WGTS 91.9, Provident Label Group, or the National Football League from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity. By accepting a prize, each winner grants WGTS 91.9 and its designees permission to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner’s list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. WGTS 91.9 and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at WGTS 91.9’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Contest is subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All submissions become the property of WGTS 91.9 and will not be acknowledged.
WGTS 91.9 MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PRECEDING EXCLUDES ANY EXPRESS OR LEGALLY REQUIRED WARRANTIES ON WGTS 91.9’S PRODUCTS; FORCE MAJEURE: THE FAILURE OF WGTS 91.9 TO COMPLY WITH ANY PROVISION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES DUE TO AN ACT OF GOD, HURRICANE, WAR, FIRE, RIOT, EARTHQUAKE, TERRORISM, ACT OF PUBLIC ENEMIES, ACTIONS OF GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES OUTSIDE OF THE CONTROL OF EITHER WGTS 91.9 (EXCEPTING COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE CODES AND REGULATIONS) OR OTHER FORCE MAJEURE EVENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED A BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Disputes/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) each entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and each entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of Maryland or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in Montgomery County Maryland. All entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any defense of inconvenient forum.
WGTS 91.9 Official Contest Rules
How to Enter Contests:
- Depending on type of contest, you may be asked to call in to participate at a specified time. Some contests may require you to fill out a form, or mail entry to WGTS 91.9, attention Promotions Director, 7600 Flower Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912. Listen on-air, or defer to promotion details on website for how to participate.
- WGTS 91.9 may require listeners to join the Music LAB — the station’s music research panel, and complete a music survey on the station website, www.wgts919.com in order to participate in certain contests. Entry instructions are posted on station website.
- Station is not responsible for entries not received due to delay of mail service, Internet service outage, computer difficulty, phone trouble, or other technical issues.
- Contests are open to WGTS 91.9 listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in Maryland, Virginia or Washington, D.C.
- Limit to one entry per person.
- Only one winner per household is allowed.
- Persons who are ineligible to win prizes or participate in contests include: (a) WGTS 91.9 employees and their parents, spouses, children, siblings and roommates, (b) employees of underwriting agencies that conduct business with WGTS 91.9; (c) employees of participating sponsors and promotional partners, and (d) persons employed by radio stations within the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
- Contest participants agree that WGTS 91.9 and contest sponsors have the right to use the name, voice or likeness of contest participants and winners for promotional and advertising purposes without compensation.
- WGTS 91.9 will not disclose or sell participant’s personal information to parties that are not affiliated with WGTS 91.9.
- No purchase is necessary. Purchase does not increase odds of winning.
- Chance of winning depends on the number of correct and eligible contest participants and entries.
- Prize amounts and value will vary from contest to contest. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or other merchandise. Prizes are not transferable without approval from WGTS 91.9
- Prizes will be mailed to contest winners unless otherwise decided upon by WGTS 91.9. Station is not responsible for loss or damage of prize when mailed.
- Contestant’s cell phone carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply with text messaging contests. Contact your cell phone carrier for specific details.
- Winners are responsible for federal, state and local taxes and fees if applicable. Any person winning over $600 in cumulative prizes within a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- WGTS 91.9 reserves the right to require contest winners to sign a liability release prior to acceptance and receiving of any prize awarded by station.
- By participating, each contest participant waives any and all claims of liability against WGTS 91.9, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and contest sponsors for any damage or personal injury or loss which may occur from participation in the contest or from the use of prizes awarded by WGTS 91.9
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information. WGTS 91.9 will reject any entry that the station discovers to be false.
- WGTS 91.9 reserves the right to disqualify any participant attempting to tamper with the contest entry process.
- WGTS 91.9 reserves the right to substitute contest prizes with other prizes of approximately equivalent value.
- WGTS 91.9 reserves the right to cancel or modify contest and contest rules at any time.