If you have ever wanted to be a part of a team that is passionate about making a difference in a friendly work environment, WGTS 91.9 has a rare opening for a Senior Accountant (Full Time).
Here's what we're looking for:
An ideal candidate will present themselves in a mature, trustworthy fashion, be an excellent one-on-one communicator, and will personally believe deeply in the media ministry, its methods and its mission.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Ensures that financial records are maintained and in compliance with station policies and US GAAP.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance.
- Works closely with the CUCB, Inc (WGTS 91.9) treasurer in preparing financial reports as required and in reviewing processes and controls. Assists Treasurer in accessing or extracting data from the financial management system.
- Prepares rolling 12-month forecast and assists in preparation of annual budget.
- Acts as the focal point for Independent Auditors, overseeing and ensuring the completion of the quarterly reviews and annual audit including written documentation.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the station’s assets are protected.
- Complies with federal, state and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising the Vice President and General Manager on needed actions.
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices, work orders, checks, vouchers, and substantiates business transactions by auditing documents.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation, signatures, and approval prior to payment and distribute checks accordingly.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed; totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Verifies the accuracy of A/P batch output to ensure correct coding of vendor, cost center, general ledger account, invoice amount, and matching these to check or ACH output.
- Monitors loans, accounts payable, and receivables to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Negotiates with and responds to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconciles vendor statements, researches and corrects discrepancies.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Processes check requests.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Directly responsible for closing of monthly financial records.
- Completes monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages.
- Tracks station credit card charges and reconciles statements.
- Codes data for input to financial management systems.
- Performs periodic and as needed inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Tracks and manages the depreciation schedule.