800-700-1094

- Here I Am - Downhere
    - Lose My Soul - tobyMac
    - Multiplied - NEEDTOBREATHE
    - Love Alone Is Worth The Fight - Switchfoot
    - Hello, My Name Is - Matthew West
    Listen Live
  • Farewell to a Friend . . .

June 22, 2009 by
    Filed under Morning Show

You may have gotten to know Angela Stevens from listening to the Morning Show w/ Brennan and Angela. For the years that Angela has been at WGTS, she has helped bring a smile to faces of many of her listeners, sometimes a tear, and a lot of laughter during our afternoon and morning commutes.
    She recently announced that she will be moving on from WGTS to pursue to some other interests. Angela shared with me that she has been praying about direction in her life, and feels that God has some exciting plans in store for her. She is thrilled to see where God can use her ministry and talents next. One of the things that she will be working on is exploring her musical talents.
    Angela’s energetic, fun loving spirit will be missed very much, but we understand that she is following God’s lead. We’ll be keeping her in our prayers. I hope you will to.

Feel free to share your well wishes with her here

Comments

24 Responses to “Farewell to a Friend . . .”
    1. Patricia Wright says:

Angela,

I will miss you and your wonderful spiffy voice.
      I pray that God will give WGTS another spirit like yours.

I always looked forward to hearing you and Brennan in the morining.
      I guess I will have to adjust.

Love WGTS
      Best Wishes and God bless you in all your endeavors.

2. Bryan tiplady says:

Boo Hoo!!!!!

3. Shannon says:

My favorite memory of you is when you were doing the afternoons and spent most of the time in tears, thinking about God’s love and power. That day will always be my favorite memory of you on the radio. You touched me more that day, more than I can even begin to say. God was working through you, into me!

Thank you and God Bless all your future endeavors.

4. Esmeralda says:

Angela,
      We will miss you!! God Bless you always.

5. Angela, I know God will use your musical talent to bring honor to Him. Your heart is in the right place. What you did for our small congregation and the small turn out of young people touched my heart. So, I pray that God will use you in big and small ways. Stay humble, stay strong in the faith, and always look to God for his guidance and his approval – not the approval of men. I will definitely be praying for you, your band, and your future.

6. Karen G says:

Angela,

I will miss you so much but wish you the very best! I loved your authentic words and thoughtfulness. And your sense of humor. You made me think and laugh. You have something very special and I will miss listening to you on WGTS. God bless you and keep you.

7. James Tang says:

Dear Angela,
      Thank you for all the fun time you have shown us during all those mornings. I love your spunkiness and energetic approach to life. Hope to hear from you again in another arena. Take care and best wishes.

8. Patty says:

It has been a busy summer for us and I did not find out until yesterday that you are gone, Angela. I loved you on WGTS! You will be sorely missed. I’ll never forget the afternoon that you were on the air when we found out that WGTS would be able to continue. God bless you and good luck in your new endeavors. WGTS will not be the same without you.

9. Stacey says:

Angela….May the Lord bless you as you follow His voice and calling for your life. Stepping out in faith is not easy, but knowing God will sustain you when you are doing His will makes it worth the step. I wish you the best and miss you during my drive to work in the morning.

10. Dave Morrow says:

Angela,

Brennan and You have always had such a great chemistry in the mornings and I am sure Amanda will be different and new but certainly not you. My wife and I will miss your energetic spirit and honest approach to radio. Take care, my dear friend and may our Lord always go before you and prepare your way and make it safe. May you always find His favor as well! God Bless You Always!

Dave

11. Jack says:

Angela,

We will definitely miss you very much, but we enjoyed the time you were on WGTS. Perhaps we’ll hear/see you again at some point. Best wishes and our prayers are with you and your family.

12. Darcy Harding says:

Angela,
      You were a great inspiration in the morning! I’m so glad you are following God’s lead. We have to trust in Him when we take a big leap in faith! You are setting a great example for all of us! Best Wishes from a fellow Frederick area resident! We miss you & will be looking for your growth in other areas!

13. Helena says:

I have enjoyed you on many groggy morning when the kids ake up entirely too early. May God continue to bless you and all those you love. Phillipian 4:6-7!

14. Kathy says:

You will be missed dearly, Angela! Best of luck to you, and God Bless!!

15. Natasha says:

I really found it strange that I was not hearing Angela in the mornings. She’ll be missed.
      However, Amanda seems to have a great Chemistry with Brandon

God Bless you Angela

16. gary spoon says:

hey whats going on i hear that you are saying farewell,well it happens to us all.ok well god bless.i really enjoy listening to you in the mornings on the brennan and angela show.thanks for for your inspireration.i hope that you will follow in the path of our lord and savior jesus christ.all ways remember its all about him in everything we do.godspeed.

17. Kim says:

Angela,
      I just wanted to say that you will be missed. My husband and I listened to you on our way into work daily. I know that he was listening because it was he that asked me to check the website to see if there was anything about why you were not on in the mornings with Brennan. He knew when you talked about 270 being a raceway. He would laugh and say ” She is absolutely correct.” We will continue to pray for God’s guidance and support for you. Thanks for all your mornings of enlightenment. You will be missed

18. Bill says:

Angela… I’ve been missing you in the morning and just figured you were on vacation. I’ll miss you… you really tried to keep it real! Life (and marriage) is not all nice and sweet, thanks for helping us hold that part of our lives a little more lightly.

Following God’s call is always a good thing… I’m glad God let you into our lives, and us into yours, for these past few years!

Blessings!

19. LaV says:

I was wondering where Angela went. I think I missed the show one morning after a long trip and I’ve been confused ever since. :)

I wish Angela the best and I hope to hear her music soon.

20. Linda D says:

Angela,

I really have a hard time with change so you will be missed alot. However, I learned early in my Christian walk that God makes alot of changes in our lives all time and it is usually for the good. I understand that you must follow the lead of the Lord and so I pray the Lord will honor your following after Him.

Blessing to you and your family!

21. Chaplain Ro says:

Angela,

I have to say that mornings are not the same without you. I was trying to figure out where you were. At first I thought perhaps you were on vacation, then maternity leave. When I saw this, I thought, wow ok. I know it is very important to follow God’s leading. To do otherwise is to set yourself up for all sorts of undesirable things. You and Brennan would get me through my dialysis treatments in the mornings. I would sit back and listen to both of you engaged in sometimes humorous dialogue and at times you would leave me with something I had not thought of before. I want you to know I will be praying for you and your family as you make this transition.

Thank you for just being the encouragement you are. You will be missed in the mornings by those who have come to see you a welcomed relief from the typical morning show. You and Brennan worked well together. You helped make my trips down to Roanoke easier too. I look forward to possibly hearing you on WGTS as an artist. Stick close to God and know you are prayed for.

Peace and Prayers

22. Johanna says:

WOW! Just when I was convinced that the station had found a great morning team, I hear that Angela is leaving… I so enjoyed her upbeat spirit and she worked so well with Brennan! All I can say is she definetely must follow where the Lord leads, but I’m sure going to miss her.

23. Diane Stevens says:

I was wondering what was going on when you didn’t help Brennan wake me up! Keep following God’s voice, even though we’ll miss you.

24. Rob Conway says:

Angela, how could you do this to us?!! Ok, now that I’ve got that off my chest…

I know God has some amazing plans for your life. You are one who does not easily settle for status-quo and always stretches her faith to its limits. It has been a real pleasure working with you and hearing your cheerful voice every morning.

Thank you for doing an amazing job as well being our promotions gal. God helped us fill a void with you when we needed you most. Your creative spirit will be missed. My favorite time has to be the Sippy Cup 500. Please don’t forget us and don’t be a stranger.

Blessings!