Tips to kick your seasonal allergies
Tips to Kick Your Seasonal Allergies
With warm weather and blooming flowers also comes allergy season. Have you had itchy eyes, stuffy nose or sore throat that you just can’t kick? This is probably caused by seasonal allergies.
Seasonal allergies affect people most during the spring and summer, when flowers and trees start to bloom and produce pollen. The stuffy nose and itchy eyes are caused by the body’s allergic reaction to pollen.
Common symptoms associated with seasonal allergies are:
· Runny nose
· Red, itchy eyes
Try these tips to keep your seasonal allergies under control.
· Take over-the-counter allergy medication, like an antihistamine
· Avoid using a fan
· Keep windows closed when possible
· Wash your hair and body with warm water when you get home to remove excess pollen
You should see a doctor if you experience:
· Symptoms that do not resolve in a few days with over the counter medication
· Headache, facial pain or pressure
· Discolored mucus
Need fast or after-hours medical care? Adventist HealthCare Urgent Care offers walk-in or online appointments in three convenient locations in Montgomery County and Prince George’s County.
Find more tips from Nurse Rose here: AdventistHealthCare.com/NurseRose.