Job Openings – Donation’s Assistant
Title: Donation’s Assistant (Part-time)
WGTS 91.9 is looking for someone committed to excellence, has a knack for attention to detail, and who believes in the mission and goals of this media ministry in serving the greater Washington, DC community through their skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs accurate and detailed data entry of donor contact details.
- Updates donor profiles.
- Maintains up-to-date database system for efficient record keeping.
- Carries out billing and collections according to specific deadline.
- Monitors customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments other irregularities and prepares mailings of special notices.
- Reconciles online donations received via third parties.
- Provides support for Donations team during Phone-a-thon for online fundraising applications.
- Communicates with donors via phone or email for questions or concerns.
- Organizes and maintains filing system of confidential nature.
- Assist management staff with administrative duties as requested.
- Receives direct supervision from Donation Specialist and other management staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma and three years of using a customer management system/fundraising database.
- Superior data entry accuracy and speed.
- Sound report writing skills and ability to interrogate data.
- Familiar with basic accounts receivable practices and procedures.
- Superior command of English grammar and spelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strong presentation skills.
Mathematical and Technology Skills
- Basic computational skills using a calculator.
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; spreadsheet and database.
- Ability to understand and use unfamiliar software quickly.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- An impeccable attention to detail and reliability.
- The ability to work on a team and independently.