Things I’ve Learned from Fatherhood (so far)
- You never wake a sleeping baby…he’d feed every two to three hours and sometimes it’s best to let him wake up on his own.
- You’ve got to change diapers quickly. Kids are very wiggly and sometimes aren’t quite finished doing their business.
- It’s hard to resist leaning into the crib and kissing him on the forehead as he sleeps peacefully…both Cassandra and I sometimes just stand over the crib, looking at him while he sleeps…relishing in the calm before the storm…
- You learn how to exist off of catnaps…when the baby sleeps, you sleep…cause when he’s up, you’re not going to get much sleep.
- You’ve got to decipher what each cry means…and there’s no manual for it because every child is different, so we go through the routine…check his diaper – does he need to be changed? Is he hungry? Does he need to be burped…when he arches his back like that does it mean he wants to stretch or does he need to be burped again?