Today on the Morning Show – Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Redskins Blood Drive
If you’re a big Redskins fan, here’s your chance to prove it. The Redskins are teaming up with the American Red Cross and are hosting several blood drives over the next few days. Everybody who gives blood will get a free ticket to an upcoming home game. They’ve got at least 3 drives going on over the next few days. Of course you can schedule an appointment ahead of time to avoid long lines. 1-800-RED-CROSS.
- Wednesday’s drive runs from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. at the Hampton Inn Frederick at 5311 Buckeystown Pike in Frederick.
- Another drive is scheduled Saturday, Dec. 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Waldorf School at 3074 Crain Highway in Waldorf.
- On Friday, Dec. 9 there will be a third drive from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Glen Echo Park at 7300 MacArthur Boulevard in Glen Echo.
Family Friendly app serves as D.C. Your Guide.
Parents that find a great guide to explore the nation’s capitol with their kids in Apple’s “D.C. with the Kids app”. It provides a breakdown of attractions alphabetically, by age group, and by popularity. It is also GPS-equipped to provide directions from the current location. It costs $1.99 and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Popular events and attractions include:
- Museum of Natural History: Sleepover for grade-schoolers.
- National Zoo: Wild Stage Performance Series for ages 2-10.
- International Spy Museum: KidsSpy Workshop for ages 9-14.
Interested? The app is available on iTunes (here).