800-700-1094

• Listen Live
    Playlist
    - Give Me Your Eyes - Brandon Heath
    - More Of You - Colton Dixon
    Listen Live
  • Hairstyles, family cars, and logos

August 31, 2006 by
    Filed under Morning Show

Considering a new logo for a business is a bit like deciding on a new hairstyle. Perm, curly, layered, long, shoulder length, a bob, … ? if you’re a guy, sideburns, just a little on the sides and top, or, perhaps the ever fashionable shaved look (do I hear a mullet? … cue chirping crickets).

You hope you’ll look good in one of them, but sometimes you just don’t know until the barber or stylist is done. Better when you can use one of those computer programs that takes a picture of your face and then drops a new hairstyle around it, so you can get some idea of how you’d look.

In the case of our logo, we’ve had it for almost a decade, and it’s like a good family car. It’s served us well, and one of our options on the table is new tires, a transmission overhaul, and perhaps a new paint job. Or, we can trade in the faithful family servant for a spiffy new ride. So, we want to know what you think. We’ll be putting up a web poll on the main website for voting on various options when we’re a little further along, but in the meantime, we’d like to get your thoughts on the logos below.

They are preliminary, first drafts, not final concepts, so your mileage may vary. Feel free to post a comment. Do any of them have promise, or should we cloister the graphic design people together in a small room yet again, and and pelt them with M&M’s until they produce satisfactory results? Which one or ones grab your attention? Why? What would you suggest as we look at our different options? Be specific, por favor. “Yeah, I like that swirly thingy next to the W”, etc. It may be our logo, but we’re all going to have to look at it together.

[thumb:593:l][thumb:598:l][thumb:595:l][thumb:601:l:s=1][thumb:596:l][thumb:599:l][thumb:600:l][thumb:592:l]

Comments

7 Responses to “Hairstyles, family cars, and logos”
    1. Kevin says:

I like 2 of them…and have a comment on a 3rd.

This one is my favorite. I really like the font. It’s fun looking and not too busy.

I like this one for the same reasons, but it looks kind of similar to HOT 99.5′s logo.

This one…

…is OK, but it makes me think of a gas/service station. (“Double A…”)

Looking forward to seeing more!

2. Sean says:

My favorite is the one in the bottom right hand corner. I like the font on this one, for the most part. It’s fairly basic, but not boring either. It could be a little less frilly on the tagline, though, to increase readibility.

I’m a fan of the curve and dove/bird graphics, which are very friendly-looking (the boxy ones are too rough for me) and aesthetically pleasing. The tagline at the bottom fits the message of your station very well. The color scheme is very good. And I like the overall style of this logo–it’s not too flashy and not too boring either.

Hope this is helpful!

3. Courtney says:

I love the logo with the dove and the half moon circle as both incorporate what our station stands for…peace and inclusion and the love of Jesus. It’s my favorite…but I will listen no matter which one is chosen :)

4. Yolonda says:

From a branding perspective, I really like the first three with the doves depicted. I think they encompass the bright, Christian, clean cut brand that I believe WGTS portrays. I like the sun in the first one, however, I’m not 100% certain that the blue “ray” is a dove. If that’s what it truly is, then I think it should be defined a little more.

I like http://wgts.org/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-596 somewhat also. I wonder if a dove can be incorporated into this one somehow. It has a nice, clean cut look. If I had to pick my absolute favorite, I would be torn between the first two.

I hope this helps. I can’t wait to see the new logo!

5. Connie says:

I like 99564-88966-0-905-1.jpg because it has a great font and it is large and easy to read. You could add a dove on the logo too.

6. Loretta says:

The 91.9 in the first and last one, looks like a gasoline price with the 9 as a superscript. I like the last one (bottom right) best if you brought the .9 down even with the 91.

2nd favorite is bottom left.

7. Miki says:

Hi Guys!

I like the one with the dove and the semicircle around wgts. There was another I liked, but it did not have the dove. The oval with the red wgts91.9. Whichever you choose, I hope it has the dove and the motto as well. No squares ones please!

God bless,