What Happened on the Morning Show – Tuesday, September 13, 2011
If you’re trying to eat healthier and lose a few pounds (like Brennan & Becky), you may be able to trick yourself into eating fewer calories. At least the folks at Eating Well magazine think so. They say to try:
- using a smaller plate
- filling half your plate with fruits and veggies. They’re loaded in fiber so they’ll keep you feeling full.
- eating with chopsticks. You can’t shovel in a lot of food when you’re using those things so it’ll help you slow down.
- eating foods that have lots of water in them. Watermelon, salads, and soups can help you fill fuller on fewer calories.
- eating at the table. Eating while standing up or multitasking can actually make you eat more, because your attention is divided between tasks.
* Or you can try Brennan’s suggestion of eating while blindfolded – because supposedly it’ll help you rely on your stomach sensors to tell you when you’re full.
An SMU college football player saved his opponent from being hurt during the game. Texas A&M’s Trent Hunter returned an interception and in the process, lost his helmet. Blake McJunkin was the first one to tackle him and was piled on by other players. McJunkin protected his opponent’s head from being hurt. You can check out the full story here.
The Lion King is coming back to theaters this Friday. This time it’s in 3-D.