800-700-1094

- Give Me Your Eyes - Brandon Heath
    - City on Our Knees - tobyMac
    Listen Live
  • Wimbish Wedding Wishes

August 17, 2007 by
    Filed under Morning Show

wedding_cake-topper.jpgAs you might have heard, Brennan from the mornings is tying the knot. And while he’s on his honeymoon, we’d love for you to share your ideas for a happy & successful marriage. That way when he gets back to “real life” he can have some helpful advice to come back to. Just click on the “Add Comments” button at the bottom to share.

Comments

16 Responses to “Wimbish Wedding Wishes”
    1. Vicki says:

Congratulations to both of you.

May your marriage be long standing and strong and above all God first. I will pass on what my mother told me – NEVER GO TO BED ANGRY and there will be may phases of love.

God Bless,
      Vicki

2. Jennifer says:

Congrats Brennan!

I have been married for 4 years now and my 2 biggest pieces of advice would be KEEP GOD FIRST and Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. There will be times when you will have to improvise in a situation, you will then need to adapt to the decision and you will overcome!

3. Bob & Jenna says:

Congratulations, Newlyweds!!! We’ve been married nearly 23 years now and we’d like to share a couple of things with you…

From Bob: Always try to out-love one another. If you’re always putting your spouse first, you’ll have a great marriage. Ecclesiastes 9:9

From Jenna: Never, ever, ever belittle one another or put one another down, especially in the presence of others. To the Mrs., always recognize the fact that God has appointed your husband as the head, the leader. You may not always agree with your husband but it’s not up to you to correct him…that’s the Lord’s job. Treat him with respect and reverence. Admire him and build him up. Always let him know that he is the love of your life. Communicate openly and respectfully with him. I Peter 3:1-2

God will grow you both through your married life. Always be willing to forgive…you’re both humans and will make mistakes! Always work through things together as the team that you are…God has joined you together as one! Always treasure and value one another…Christ died for both of you and your value to Him is beyond measure. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Blessings to you both!!!

4. Kim says:

Congratulations, Brennan and Cassandra!!! One of the things my husband and I started doing right after our honeymoon is reading “bedtime stories” (i.e. the Bible) to each other. Each night before we go to bed, one of us reads aloud a passage from the Bible. Our goal is to read the entire Bible together. Another piece of advice is to pray together. Always remember that marriage is a three-some, with God first!

Brennan, I love your morning show with Becky. Before I found WGTS, I dreaded my commute. But, now, I look forward to the time in my car. It’s a peaceful, inspiring, fulfulling time with God, thanks to your show and WGTS. Thank you and congratulations again! :-)

5. Mary Lee says:

I have been married for 25 years and while I admit it has rarely been easy or smooth sailing I have realized one thing. That is the price of living in a fallen world. There have never been a time for either of us to say, “That’s it. I quit!” Is it because we are super stubborn people? No. It is because it is not our will but His Will be done. The one priority I had in a potential spouse, I found in mine. My husband loves the Lord MORE than he loves me. Because he does, I am assured of the quality of love he has for me. Many people say the longer you are married, the more you look alike. Well, my prayer is when either of us look in the mirror we don’t see more of each other but more of Him and less of us.

in His care,

Dennis and Mary Lee Roos

6. Juanita Pack says:

Brennan and Cassandra

Best wishes for a long and happy marriage!!!! Norm and I will be married 48 years on Dec 28, 2007. The road is not always easy but with God in control of your lives and your marriage…..it cannot fail!!! Never leave each other in the morning without saying I love you and a huge kiss. We renewed our vows on our 35th anniversary and our Pastor gave us a plaque entitled MARRIAGE TAKES THREE. If you dont have it I can send you a copy. You should frame it and read it together!!!

Many Blessings,

Juanita and Norman Pack
      Faithful Listeners to WGTS since 1998.

7. Pamela Blankenship says:

Never, ever go to bed angry. Even if it cannot be resolved that night; agree to disagree but be loving to one another. Still give each other that kiss good night. We are told in Ephesians not to let the sun go down on our anger.

8. Charissa Shulsky says:

Congragulations on your marriage, there is nothing better than waking up to your better half every day. The only advice that I can give is to always give to the other never be selfish. All to often in marriages, and yes even christian marriages we bring an attitude of complete selfishness into the marriage. I trully belive that selfishness is more of a disease in a marrige then even fighting over money. It is always about what I want,OR what can you do for me. We live in a world that is obssesed with me me me. I have been married for 4 years and my husband and I have really stuggled with selflessness in our marriage, but I would never trade him in for anything, WHY becuase he trully brings out the best in me. My husband really does complete me. And even though our marriage has not been a walk in the park I know he wil stand by me forever. I have seen so many marriges fail becuase of selfishness, So my word of advice would be put eachothers feelings, wants, desires first before your own, EVEN when you are in a fight about what color to paint the bathroom lay down your self for your self. WWJD
      I would like to leave you with this thought, I read this in a book and it has changed the way I view my marriage.
      WHAT IF THE LORD DID NOT INTEND MARRIAGES TO MAKE US HAPPY BUT HE CREATED MARRIAGE TO MAKES US MORE HOLY SO WE CAN SEVER HIM AS WE WERE INTENDED TO.

9. P. Emerson says:

Marriage is a great institution and my husband is fond of saying … “I’ve never had it so good!” After 25 years I still have him convinced he has never had it so good. When God gives you the right person it will be great, no matter what. Just don’t buy into the concept that marriage is a 50/50 proposition! There have been times when all I had to give was 10% or 20% and my husband had to carry the 90% or 80% and other times (like when he had a stroke) when I carried 100% of the load. But thank God he is all better and today is a 50/50 day! ha When you are committed to the marriage you will take it one day at a time and deal with it! God will always give you what you need, when you need it. Have a blessed union! And keep up the good work in the mornings. You and Becky keep me sane on my drive every morning.

10. Audrey Bigelow says:

Many blessings to Brennan and Cassandra! Just remember that when all else fails, laugh together! (We know that God has a sense of humor–He must, to be able to use flawed creatures like ourselves to further His kingdom!) The mundane and routine can be lifted to a new level with humor, and intimacy grows when a couple can find something funny TOGETHER in even the more serious situations. Don’t laugh AT each other–definitely laugh WITH each other. My husband and I have been married for 20+ years, most of those years moving around with the military, and we have two teenage sons. We’ve had lots of practice!

11. ATG says:

Blessings to you both. Being married for seven year,what I can say is take time to understand each other. Expect surprises and keep your love for God and love for one another.
      One of your listner, ATG

12. F. Moore says:

Congratulations Brennan and Cassandra on your wedding! Brennan I can tell from your morning show with Becky that your communication skills are excellent and will continue all through the “freshman year” of marriage. PLEASE do keep that candle burning and let Cassandra be your best friend you can always talk to when you are not talking to God …talking to God is a must though if you want a successful marriage with Cassandra:-)

I enjoy you and Becky a lot in the morning. You keep me freshened through my one hour plus commute to met my challenges at work. Thank you for what you do and I hope to hear little Brennan or little Cassandra on the air soon :-)

13. Diana says:

Brennan,
      Congratulations!!!!!
      Marriage as you know is a huge committment and the best one you could ever make. I wish ya’ll many wonderful years. Just remember the first couple of years are generally the hardest.
      Some advice someone gave me was always be ready to give grace. The Lord always gives grace to us when we sin thus we should be willing to give it when someone sins against us. Giving grace makes forgiveness a lot easier and it comes a lot quicker. :) The other advice was never, never, never give up!
      In Christ,
      Diana

14. Gizette Khamphong says:

Being married for almost 3 years.. the best advice that i can share is to definitely KEEP GOD FIRST in everything that you guys do; God is in COntrol and center of everything.. then all/everything will fall into place! Also 3 C’s: Commitment, Communication, & Compromise!!!!

“Abideth Faith, Hope, Love these three; but the greatest of all is LOVE”
      1 Cor. 13:13

15. Nancy says:

Good luck to you. I have been married for over 21 years and it is not easy. It takes hard work and committment from both parties. It is the most wonderful thing created by God.

16. Beverly says:

Congratulations!!! Brennan & Cassandra

You both will need to pray lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots for patience and understanding, and, you both MUST put the other spouse first in ALL things, and, be eager to forgive and always be kind. You each MUST give %100 in all things. If you can do this, you will have no relationship worries and will have a wonderful, happy, successful marriage life together. It’s very difficult to do, I know!! I’ve been married going on 55 years!! We still love each other very much. The Lord is the only one who got us through it all.